Today is Day 8 of the 31 days of Knitting and I am very excited to report my progress. So far, I am very closed to winding my last skein (#6) of the city cape that I am trying to finish this month.
That means that I will be able to complete one of my other WIP’s. this month!
I have to say that I love technology and google. I have been meeting my knitting group over the last few months via the internet with google hangouts. We have weekly VKN’s where we share our knitting progress and talk a lot about knitting and life.
I probably came to the Hangouts world late, but to me is whole new experience.
Busy knitters need options. I like having the option to bring my knitting closer to my cousins and friends with the help of technology. All you need is a cup of tea or coffee, pajamas, and your knitting.
If you have not tried hangouts, I truly think you should. I am not saying is the best virtual option (there is also skype and a few other applications) but hangouts gives you the option to have several people at the same time. You can also share your screen with your guests, send private messages, pictures, etc..
But the most important thing is that you can share your progress, talk about knitting, have coffee or tea (yes we all grab a cup and make believe we are in each other's living room) and get to have fun. We normally meet after dinner for 1 or 2 hours once a week.
5 things I love about hangouts:
- Time saver which means more time knitting.
- Great option if you don’t have local yarn store or knitting group
- It is in your calendar- and portable on your phone you can download the hangouts app on any smart device (tablet- phone) etc..
- Gives you the opportunity to connect with others and make new friends
- Since it is in my calendar, I tend to finish my projects faster because I probably want to share it in our next hangout.
If you are interested in learning more about hangouts you can go
here to the Google Support Page to learn more. All you need is a gmail account. I currently use google chrome which is Awesome, all you need is to add the hangouts extension to your chrome browser. It is free and super easy to use!